Recommend me some pedals for my new amp (Fender Bassbreaker 45 combo)

thisISjoel

• Members

What up HCFX!?! It's been a while :)

I have recently ordered a new Fender Bassbreaker 45 combo after getting out of playing guitar for a few years. I had been using a spider iv 75 for (occasional) bedroom blasting so I got rid of most of my pedals (I still have an EQD Hoof 3 knob (it makes some weird noises now though so I need to get it repaired), a danelectro cool cat drive v1, a crybaby and a couple of other really cheap and nasty pedals) so I'm pretty much starting from scratch.

I want to start with reverb and delay and then work my way back through the chain from their. I've been watching a bunch of videos, but I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with choices. I like the look of the TC Hall of Fame 2, but I don't know if I'll really use most of the features. I feel like I probably only need a pretty simple reverb pedal and since the amp doesn't have an effects loop it needs to sound good into the front of the amp.

In terms of delay, the TC Flashback 2 has my eye, as does the Boss DD7 or DD20. I'm more interested in a delay that does a bunch of stuff and I'm willing to drop more cash on the delay than the reverb because delay is pretty much my favourite effect.

If anyone has suggestions for ODs or even some heavier distortions that play nicely with this amp too I'm all ears for those too :)

My main guitar is a 1979 Greco Les Paul with Bill Lawrence Gibson HB pickups and I mostly play bluesy rock stuff, occasionally some harder rock/punk stuff. I don't play in a band or anything, so this stuff is all basically for home use 95% of the time with the occasional jam sesh with mates.

I don't think I'm interested in trems/phasers/other mod pedals at this time.

Cheers for the advice :)

• Members

i recommend 'the pedal show' on youtube

canyon, flashback, carbon copy, rubberneck, adineko, echorec, belle epoch, boonar, el cap ... there are way too many choices for most people to be familiar with

as far as dirt, i prefer the ocd->timmy stack, but i still haven't gotten my hands on a rockaway, angry driver, or D&M drive yet

Archived