Did you see the new three little pigs?

Phil O'Keefe

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"99b1df5d-e120-4600-ac70-97d42edca7e3-e85b410a.jpg","data-attachmentid":32110786}[/ATTACH]

Click the link for some demo videos....

http://www.harmonycentral.com/news/three-new-little-piglets

I thought the Octava sounded pretty darned good. What do you think?

And on a side note - how do you feel about mini-sized pedals in general?

• Members

And on a side note - how do you feel about mini-sized pedals in general?

hmm i'm an earlier adopter to the EHX xo/nano series, altough the big boxes are great, they occupy too much space.

so basically i like the idea, but since this micro/mini sized pedal trend started i'm not so much in the pedal shopping anymore.

i'm settled, i have what i need and happy with it and have more pedals lying around than i actually use, so i haven't bought any of these new mini pedals so far...

maybe my next pedal will be one of those minis, but i'm currently lusting for something else (new russian big muff, or the danelectro lesley sim) so chance are i high i'm not going mini again :)

• Members

Any particular reason(s)?

I think I just feel like they're harder to stomp/tweak on the fly. I think Boss has spoiled me with their design. When I'm singing and playing guitar at the same time, especially in a dark place its just so much easier to stomp on a Boss pedal than one of those smaller 3pdt switches.

• Members

I have 3 Keymasters, and they are indispensable for dealing with impedance / balanced / unbalanced issues.

I also have an original Mothership and an Attack Sustain. Great pedals for analog synthesis treatments, though I don't use them very often. I haven't tried other Pigtronix offerings, so I can't comment on them. But when I think of Pigtronix, I tend to think of their oddball offerings. They do the outlier gear quite nicely!

I think I just feel like they're harder to stomp/tweak on the fly. I think Boss has spoiled me with their design. When I'm singing and playing guitar at the same time, especially in a dark place its just so much easier to stomp on a Boss pedal than one of those smaller 3pdt switches.

You know, I think that's so true. When compact pedals were new (in the 70s), it seemed really clear to me that Boss had come up with some of the best footswitches - I thought they had a terrific design. I always liked them - I haven't always liked the buffers and A/D converters in some of the pedals, but the switching system itself is really solid from a user's POV, and is surprisingly reliable. You know when you've activated it, and when you haven't, and you've got a huge target to hit. Plus, it's solid - you can stomp the crud out of it and you're not going to hurt it. I like that. :lol:

Archived