my mxr phase 90 with led broke

mbengs1

• Members

after using it for 4 years it just broke. no more phasing effect when its turned on. can anyone explain what happened and why it broke? I bought a mxr wylde phase and i'm happy with it. this zakk wylde phaser is louder and darker and smoother too. I love it.

• Members

Why it happened? Do you really think every failure is the same? There can be a number of different causes and it could easily be your own fault, but how could anyone know why it broke if it in fact did.

Connect a battery and see if it works. If it does then you likely have a damaged power jack. If it doesn't it can still be the jack.

If you're getting a clean signal through and it doesn't turn on then maybe its the switch. The input jack turns the power on too so there can be a problem with it too.

Beyond that it would take a qualified tech to check for bad components which simply isn't cost effective. You can buy one cheaper then having it repaired.

• Members
Why it happened? Do you really think every failure is the same? There can be a number of different causes and it could easily be your own fault, but how could anyone know why it broke if it in fact did.

Connect a battery and see if it works. If it does then you likely have a damaged power jack. If it doesn't it can still be the jack.

If you're getting a clean signal through and it doesn't turn on then maybe its the switch. The input jack turns the power on too so there can be a problem with it too.

Beyond that it would take a qualified tech to check for bad components which simply isn't cost effective. You can buy one cheaper then having it repaired.

I don't know what happened to it. It just died. I didn't do anything abnormal. it just stopped working. I think the pedal was designed that way... to break after 3 years of use. It was totally unexpected. I had to spend another 100 dollars to replace it with a zakk wylde phaser. at least i'm very happy with the new phaser I got. it's much louder and audible that the mxr script phase 90 with LED.

• Members

Have you checked the power? You know you post here allot with problems and you get allot of free, professional help from people which you never seem to acknowledge. That's just plain rude in my book. A little common courtesy is expected on forums when people are willing to help.

Pedals die for a reason. Power loss is on the top of the list. Switches Knobs and jacks are second in line to check.

If you don't plan on trying to fix it, then why bother posting and asking why it failed. People will simply chalk it up to bad karma you've accumulated.

The actual circuits are probably the least likely items to go bad, especially on well made pedals like the boss which use super simple circuits. Make sure you don't have a dead battery in there. If the pedal is left plugged in it will drain the battery. If you use an adaptor, try the adaptor on another pedal and also try a battery in the pedal without an adaptor.

If none of that works buy a new one. That's all people are going to be able to suggest.

• Members

Yes I checked the power with a battery and power supply. it does not work. I didn't know it would break. if I did I would have kept and not use it much. I will not buy another one. since I like phasers, I will get the block logo phase 90, small stone phaser, or evh phase 90.

Archived