Which Fuzz should I get

ramonramirez199

• Members

Hey. I really want to get a fuzz pedal, but I am in a dilema over which one to get. Im looking at the EHX green muff reissue and a mini Fuzz Face (Band of gypsyes or hendrix).

I know that a big muff is technically not a fuzz pedal. But I wanna achieve sounds like the ones of Dan from the black keys or Jack White from the white strypes. But on the other hand I really like the smooth kind of sound in hendrix and clapton songs, or even the riff of satisfaction which was made with a fuzz face. I dont know which one to get in terms of which one would be more versatile, I also play some alternative stuff like pixies, sonic youth, melvins etc. I have a cry baby classic and a sd1. I was thinking maybe the fuzz face with the overdrive could achive some muff sounds, or maybe the muff with the wha turned on some fuzz face sounds? What would you reccomend

Thanks!

• Members

i recommend both :)

what amp do you play? what kind of guitar/pickups?

both are not as versatile, so that one would fit all, a muff has sounds the fuzz face doesn't and vice versa, so if you can't afford both now, get the one you like more now and the other one later

Archived