joe bonamassa rants about pedalheads

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joe bonamassa rants about pedalheads

http://www.musicradar.com/news/joe-b...-is-fking-lazy

i guess it is a bit out of context and i can't ask him what he really means, maybe he might have some point

but the statement printed on the website on it self alone lets me just think f**k o** white rich kid wannabe bluesman

Guy plays crappy leads. Phrases like cheap movies.
    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Where'd Bieke's pedal go?

Comment

I can imagine that if I could afford vintage and/or boutique amps and stuff like real Echoplexes, I'd be a 'no-pedal' snob too.

...These guys can barely play a chord but call themselves soundscapists. Get the **************** outta here! It’s bull****************. There’s so much masking and spin going on there. Can we get real for a minute? What do you actually play?
        He has a point, you know.

This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Grumpy View Post

He has a point, you know.
          if he means the tone snobs who buying one boutique overdrive after the another for the holy quest of perfect tone and the klon is the root of their religion, who never ever play more than five notes a day, i might agree

if he also means creative artists, who incorperate pedals in their way of creating music like the edge, or radiohead, or muse, or mogwai or other not so famous people who do great things with them, he should shut the f**k up and p*** off

Comment

He's entitled to say it as long as I can say the same thing... seriously, you spent 35 years to learn to play more of that?

Comment

I tend to agree with him. A bit of reverb and play with amp gain about it. But Joe is like a reformed smoker or whatever: "I stopped. Why haven't you?" sort of thing
              I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
              Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

When you grew up in the music store your dad owned and you had access every type of vintage amp out there, you have played just about every natural overdrive out there. He has access to all of it. Not everyone does. Plus he also forgets that most people don't play at stage volumes and will never be able to get amp overdrive without pedals.
                Originally posted by MrKnobs
                God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

He just don't noe he can't play.

Comment

I think he's good at what he does. I'm not saying he sux or anything.

The only real criticism I have with him is that he's a marketing creation. Sunglasses, suit, tie, shiny shoes. His management had to create something for the ladies to look at. Of course that and a departure from the EJ shredding he used to do, combined with a more broadly appealing musical genre was part of the packaging.
                    Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 11-15-2017, 04:02 AM.
                    Originally posted by MrKnobs
                    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

• t_e_l_e
                      t_e_l_e commented
                      Editing a comment
                      he can really play, but i don't like what he is playing, he has nothing personal what stands out, for me he's just noodling pentatonic up and down without any soul, yes with perfection but without any soul

Joe mama needs to stick with DA BLOOZ and keep off muh pedals!
                    long, strong, and down to get the friction on......

youtube.com/roccotanto (for pedal demos and stuff)
                    magnatune.com/artists/lvxnova
                    twitter: @bobbydevito

Comment

I think The Edge did allright for a guy who never wanted to learn the 'proper' way to play the guitar but insted used a lot of effects.
                      As a human being, you come with the whole range of inner possibilities
                      from the deepest hell to the highest states.

It is up to you which one you choose to explore

Comment

Working...
                      X