I sprayed my wah wah with wd-40.

mbengs1

You had another post where several of us told you the repercussion of using WD40 as a contact cleaner.

Unfortunately you cant pass wisdom on to some people. They have to learn how to be an idiot first hand.

:(

Please don't call other members idiots... :cop:

The nicer way to have said that would have been "Unfortunately you cant pass wisdom on to some people. They have to learn things the hard way." :idea::wave:

• Members

It will be a short term fix that causes a long term problem. The damage done is not easily fixed and the benefit is VERY short lived. You have severly shortened the useful life of your wah so start saving for another now. Why ask for advice if you refuse to learn from others?

• Members

Why is this guy allowed to post this nonsense all the time? It disrupts the flow of the board, and he's clearly trying to get someone's gander. He posts threads, rarely replies to them, and never contributes to actual discussion in other threads.

I get that it's board traffic, but is this the kind of board traffic you guys want?

• Members

I apologize for being offensive. It's the years of being a technician that responded.

I spent a lifetime doing electronic repairs for a living. You expect people to do dumb things. Most repairs are caused by customers abuse. You'd repair the mess they cause, then explain to them how they caused the failure, then tell them to go and sin no more. Most educated people heed that advice and never do it again. Techs prefer to have good relations with they're customers and will even wave charges most of the time.

You have another type of customer who refuses to admit they make mistakes and even blame the techs as being the cause. These kinds of people are dangerous to your profession because they threaten your livelihood. You have to carefully document the work to protect yourself and your company. When they continue to abuse their equipment then you simply charge them for it. Most of the time the damage is twice as bad the second time so you have to charge them allot more or the equipment becomes unrepairable.

Many of these people then try and get it repaired elsewhere, often times blaming the other company. Many local companies work together. They regularly have employees change jobs or sell each others parts and goods as a professional favor when needed. Many times you'll get a call from them asking about a particular customer. They know who did the last repair by the identification the tech leaves inside the unit when doing a repair. You share the history you have documented and that company is wise to what that customer did. I've seen customers move from company to company until they run out of options and develop the reputation of not only an unprofitable account but a risk to anyone who gets involved with them.

I'm not saying the OP falls into this category but my objection to his actions are well meaning. Maybe he will listen and avoid making those mistakes again. If not there's little you can do to convince them they are making bad decisions, and those acts shouldn't be tried by others.

Archived