Question on my Harmony G-Xt.

NLAlston

• Members

Hello all.

I am new, here, and (just yesterday) took receipt of a used TC Harmony VoiceTone Harmony G-XT. Its in very good condition, and I'm sure that everything is in the working order that it should be. Time will tell (though), about that, because I've never had any real experience with such devices, before. I am a hobbyist singer/songwriter, who used to e able to sing all of the background voices, myself. But I can no longer do that, nearly as cleanly as I once could. Hence, the reason why I bought this harmonizer. And, now to my question:

I understand that this unit can accept a guitar, or keyboard to be lined in to it - and that either instrument can help with the preciseness of the generated harmonies. On one informational piece, that I had read, there was advice to make sure that the instrument's volume was turned up, so that the device could 'hear' the chords. But, wouldn't there be the possibility of the sound bleeding into the mic? I've not had much chance to play with my G-XT, enough to have gained any mentionable degree of knowledge on it - yet.

My G-XT was bought for - and will be used solely in my home studio. Generating harmonies was my main interest in purchasing it. Any information on my queried concern would be most appreciated.

Advanced thanks,

Nathan

Archived