Weird pedals

I saw this list of "weird" pedals, and thought I'd share it and see what everyone thinks.

http://www.effectsbay.com/2015/12/get-out-of-your-rut-with-some-pedal-weirdness/

So... what would be on your list? Do you think they missed anything important?

I was really surprised the EQD Rainbow Machine wasn't on the list, as well as a couple of other pedals I can think of... how about you?

• Members

I was really surprised the EQD Rainbow Machine wasn't on the list, as well as a couple of other pedals I can think of... how about you?

aehm its number 3 in the list... :)

the only weird i have is an old laura bennet fuzz factory... ok my subdecay quasar dlx is also some kind of weird phasor, but not weird in a weird way but hard for me to tweek...

from a weird point of view i would count also a digitech whammy to this

aehm its number 3 in the list... :)

the only weird i have is an old laura bennet fuzz factory... ok my subdecay quasar dlx is also some kind of weird phasor, but not weird in a weird way but hard for me to tweek...

from a weird point of view i would count also a digitech whammy to this

So much for reading comprehension, huh? ;)

I honestly don't know how the heck I missed that - and I even looked at the list twice. :0:lol:

• Members

I see a Z.Vex Fuzz Probe pictured in the screencap for the video, but it's not in the list. I had one for awhile... kind of a one trick pony as far as wierdness goes, but it's a good trick.

Wierdest pedal I've ever owned was the Pefftronics SB-101 Rand-O-Matic. Rackmount prototype made by a friend of my cousin for a their business class at Iowa State University. He managed to get a pedal version onto the Musician's Friend site for awhile. I bought mine from a shop in Fort Dodge for $40 because the owner thought it was broken. Sold it on eBay to a collector in Japan 5 years later for $450. :-)

• Members

The Zvex Candela probably gets my vote for most "weird."

I would add the Hologram Electronics Dream Sequence and Infinite Jets.

I agree with the "Digitech Space Station".

I've always felt that the BOSS PS-3 is one of the weirdest pedals ever introduced to the mass market. There was a period about 10 years ago when they were all the rage. I never hear about them anymore. But that pedal is so unique even today that I own 3 of them. What makes them so special in my opinion is the ability to designate both the start and the end note in the pitch sweep when using the CV input.

Archived