I recorded some new music.

• Members

https://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/album/witchybaby

I've been going through a tough breakup and ended up using some vacation hours to just sit and write music and record. I spent a long time programming drums and doing string arrangements and writing bass lines and it just was not working. After becoming so frustrated, I just deleted everything. I decided to just put up a one condenser mic in the middle of my room and just play the songs with an acoustic. One take. Then put a few overdubs over the top. It worked out surprisingly well, and its different than anything I've ever done. Very little reverb, no double tracked vocals (except in the choruses.) So here it is, warts and all.

But hey, now I have more time to put my Jazzmaster back together, put a p90 in my Les Paul, write more music, listen to more music. Girls come and go, but music is always there.

"These songs may lack in production value, but I promise I put my whole heart into them."

True heart-felt honesty is a rarer commodity than slickly produced material, which can be found just about anywhere. Honesty is much harder to come by. :idea:

And yes, I enjoyed listening to the new songs. Thanks for posting them Travis! :cool2::wave:

• Members
"These songs may lack in production value' date=' but I promise I put my whole heart into them."[/b']

True heart-felt honesty is a rarer commodity than slickly produced material, which can be found just about anywhere. Honesty is much harder to come by. :idea:

And yes, I enjoyed listening to the new songs. Thanks for posting them Travis! :cool2::wave:

Thanks, Phil!

never been a fan of emo ...

i tried, but your bleedin all over everywhere.

Hey at least you tried!

• Members

I think these songs are terrific, Travis! The lyrics, phrasing, pretty melodies, world weary delivery... it alll flows together perfectly. I have no idea what "emo" means. Sounds like a tag used by someone who forgets that melancholia, sentimentality, and vulnerability have been expressed in some of the best classic rock songwriting since The Beatles. You're songwriting style is classic, Bro!

• Members
I think these songs are terrific, Travis! The lyrics, phrasing, pretty melodies, world weary delivery... it alll flows together perfectly. I have no idea what "emo" means. Sounds like a tag used by someone who forgets that melancholia, sentimentality, and vulnerability have been expressed in some of the best classic rock songwriting since The Beatles. You're songwriting style is classic, Bro!

Thank you, man! I really appreciate that.

just listen bit into every song, but now i'm not in the mood to listen to this kind of music

but sounds good

Thanks!

Artsy singing; better live I think.

Hopefully! I play in a 2 piece, gotta figure out how the drummer and I are gonna do these live.

Archived