Parallel Delays with only 1 amplifier

• Members

Hi - I need to run 2 delays on my board that do not hear each other (Parallel?)! The signal then needs to sum back to mono to go to a single amp. Is my diagram right please? I have bought an 'EHX Switchblade Plus' to split the signal (A+B), I just need to know how to sum these two signals back together as ive read the bigsky and TC Ditto wont do that.

Ive read you can sum stereo to mono but isnt this 2 seperate mono signals that need summing back to a single mono signal? im so confused!!

1. What is the cheapest pedal to sum back together, and will 'The Alchemist' from 'mathews effects' do this?

2. Will I get signal volume problems from doing what my diagram describes? Phasing issues (Whatever that is?)

3. Is my diagram on the right lines?

Thanks

f399a21a3339cab074f421f7e7fa8b65.thumb.jpg.1a3a10b3dc76e11cbbcb38f83cd0cc24.jpg

• Members

Splitting mono to stereo isn't a huge problem. A straight Y jack reduces the signal strength if there are no buffers to maintain signal strength/fidelity. You wont hurt anything with a simple Y jack however.

The problem comes in recombining the signals back to mono.

The two outputs must be buffered to prevent the output of one pedal from feeding back into the output of another pedal and damaging it.

You could use a straight resistive circuit but you incur allot of loss this way

E3Aob.jpg

What you really need is an active mixer that runs at instrument level to combine the signals.

mjjyobwfxyooskjvguwf.jpg

A circuit like this might work but would need to be tweaked for instrument level. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnep11xc2kL_xj3fp-8AoQcX_Y939EnfvGKLNbuumyqGmE5-CCCA

• Members

Your diagram is on the right lines.

The passive circuit in WRGKMC's post will work and the loss in signal strength will not be too drastic. The resistors act as a voltge divider with most of the voltage being dropped across the 20k ohm and only a small portion dropped across the 470 ohm.

• Members

when i did that, i used a line6 echopark to bring the splitted signal together and just used the left output as "mono" to the amp.

i wonder if the strymon could not act as stereo in / mono out pedal.

if there is no right output hooked up, will it ignored the right input completely on the left output?

before you buy something else, try this first. you could try any stereo-in pedal you have lying around just as the buffer/mixing pedal, but if its like the strymon already in your chain, it would not make it more complicated

Archived