Pedal power supplies question

mbengs1

• Members

I noticed a lot of the pedal power supplies have about eight 9v inputs and two 18v inputs. that could power 10 different pedals. but what if you have more than 10 pedals? then u need another power supply for the excess pedals?

• Members

cool, i never knew u could daisy chain individual outputs of a power supply. so what is the maximum current flow of one 9v output of a dc brick? does it vary from power supply to power supply or are all power supplies pretty much the same with regard to the maximum current flow.

• Members
cool, i never knew u could daisy chain individual outputs of a power supply. so what is the maximum current flow of one 9v output of a dc brick? does it vary from power supply to power supply or are all power supplies pretty much the same with regard to the maximum current flow.

It varies. Check the specs on your specific power supply. For example, the one I linked earlier is rated 125mA per output.

• Members

Daisy chaining is a bad idea, as it negates the whole point of an isolated PS.

• Members
but what if you have more than 10 pedals? then u need another power supply for the excess pedals?

i'm in the same boat - been looking at one of these - http://www.bestguitareffects.com/walrus-audio-phoenix-review-best-guitar-pedal-power-supply/ - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V0VV8UY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8PM7M6G3DZAAYN2XAZR7&linkCode=sl1&tag=theguitblac-20&linkId=d359c58a760dbe8c28c23a00ea50c76a - i'm open to suggestions :)...

• Members

The Walrus looks cool, but it only has 2 300mAh outs. I really like the Voodoo labs 4x4, but it may not have enough outputs for your needs.

• Members
but it may not have enough outputs for your needs.

10 pedals on board now (with some others stored in plastic bags `waiting their turn' ;))... just for my own entertainment and recording fun...when it's time to go somewhere and jam i just throw a boss me-80 on the floor, plug in a couple cords and go - who cares if that gets stolen, and anyone who's concerned about their `tone' in a room full of drunk/stoned people obviously hasn't hasn't drank/smoked enough ;)... just one man's opinion, nothing to get excited about...

Archived