Help/recommendations finding an effects pedal

mattc666

• Members

Hey everyone

I'm a big fan of the band Electric Wizard and there's a really cool effect at a certain part of their song Funeralopolis. It starts at about 7:56 and it sort of builds up and then finally it blasts across the speakers (at around 7:59) and it sounds like a rocket ship blasting off. Like some kind of flanger pedal on crack or something.

I'm not totally sure what kind of effect is really being used, so I was wondering if someone could help me find an effect pedal that would help me make this kind of sound and make it to the extreme degree that it is used in the song.

Hear it here

I honestly don't know of any pedal that can do that exact same sound - as you said, it's a flange type effect, but it's like the flange is being "frozen" or being run through a Slicer type effect first - I suspect it was done with studio processing a not a pedal.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
I honestly don't know of any pedal that can do that exact same sound - as you said, it's a flange type effect, but it's like the flange is being "frozen" or being run through a Slicer type effect first - I suspect it was done with studio processing a not a pedal.

I saw a video of Sonic Youth performing where one of the guitarists was turning a pedal on and off and it had that same kind of effect, but I'm not even going to venture to try to find that specific pedal he was using, considering the countless different effects they must have on hand..

Archived