Beatbuddy Looper MIDI-sync demo

• Members

Posted this in electric guitars but thought some over here might want a look at a demo I did with a Beatbuddy and an Infinity looper.

[video=youtube_share;qCyBFAz6wlQ]

I'm running the MIDI out of the BB into the Proteus then into the Infinity looper so the drum sound is a mix of the audio out from the Beatbuddy and a Proteus/1 rack synth. Drums are recorded in stereo on one H4 while the other tracks are split on a stereo signal into another H4.

• Members

Excellent demo! I couldn't live without my Beat Buddy and midi sync. I'm syncing mine to a VL3, and fortunately, TC Helicon fixed the problem syncing 6/8 time on their latest firmware. The Beat Buddy has been a super solid piece of kit, and one the best purchases I've made.

• Members
Thanks! The BB is pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to adding my own drum tracks to it later' date=' but for now am finding it super functional and inspiring.[/quote']

I ended up buying a few of their premium packages, and they've been great, and they're cheap! I bought things like the flamenco and world beats, cafe gig cajon essentials, etc. It's really added to what can do with it without putting all of the effort into making my own midi tracks.

• Members

I ended up buying a few of their premium packages, and they've been great, and they're cheap! I bought things like the flamenco and world beats, cafe gig cajon essentials, etc. It's really added to what can do with it without putting all of the effort into making my own midi tracks.

I can see that.

The way I work is I use midi drums for building songs. I'll find a groove that works, record the MIDI that I edit as the tune evolves. At the end of it I have a custom drum track specific to my writing.

What I haven't been able to do up to this point is put those MIDI files into a portable device I can use live. That's where I see the real value in this pedal.

Archived