BOSS says that what was once old is now new again...

• Moderators

used SP-1 in decent condition=$500+

It has to be based on the rarity, since they discontinued the SP-1 in the late 70s IIRC. But it really is a one trick pony, a good trick, but not one most working guitarists will want to pay for...a nice non-nasal 'cocked wah' tone.

MAP for that set? [only 1500 sets made...gonna be a corksniffer price, I'm sure...]

• Members

I still own my Super Distortion Feedback, I just use the feedback feature of the pedal with the distortion on off.

My Boss DM-3 Delay pedal is still in my foot pedal pedalboard.

Classics never go out of style, especially if they still sound good.

I have an old Univibe from the 1960's ( it has Roger Myers's Sig with a date in it from 1968), a EHX Big Muff (1978), Arion Hot Watt 2 (1987), EHX Electric Mistress Deluxe Flanger (1979) , Digitech RP-1, RP-12 and Digitech 2112 SGS, will always be needed because of their great sounds.

I wonder if Boss will make another reissued Super Distortion / Feedback again ?

• Members
What is the deal of the SP-1? They go for ridiculous money on eBay.

From what I've read it's a an EQ booster, one knob selects the frequency from 500 Hz to 5,000 Hz, the other knob controls the boost at the chosen frequency. Some random forum commenter said they are prized by keyboard players.

These are going to be a "limited edition box set" (1500 copies) so I'm sure they'll be boutique priced. Five hundred at least, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were twice that.

From what I've read it's a an EQ booster, one knob selects the frequency from 500 Hz to 5,000 Hz, the other knob controls the boost at the chosen frequency. Some random forum commenter said they are prized by keyboard players.

Yeah, they're basically similar to a semi-parametric EQ. I have a Pearl PH-20 Thriller which is conceptually very similar, and has a lot more adjustability. They're great for getting those EQ-boosted guitar sounds that are similar to a cocked / locked wah pedal.

I've also heard that they're prized by keyboardists, although I've never spoken with one who used one in their rig. :idk:

These are going to be a "limited edition box set" (1500 copies) so I'm sure they'll be boutique priced. Five hundred at least, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were twice that.

Close - it's $899 for the box set.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...duct_id=BOX-40

What is the deal of the SP-1? They go for ridiculous money on eBay.

It's pretty much the rarest of all the Boss compact pedals, so they tend to go for pretty good money when one comes up for sale.

Relative rarity is also why the VB-2 Vibrato and the SG-1 Slow Gear go for pretty good money too. Boss reissued the VB-2 as a Wazacraft model a while back, but they've never reissued the SG-1 as far as I know. Of the three, I'd say the VB-2 is probably the coolest and most useful overall, but then again, I've owned three SG-1's, and I got my first one back when they were brand new (I literally saw no one else using them at the time) - I guess I must have found it to be a pretty useful pedal if I purchased it multiple times. :lol:

• Members
If they are going to reissue pedals' date=' they should price them for the real working guitarist. These are going to end up in some cork sniffers collection and never get used.[/quote']

That's the WHOLE POINT of 'limited edition box sets," it's called "Costalgia."

Working musicians can buy the Behringer copies of the discontinued Boss pedals. :D

Archived