I got back my metal zone from my niece

mbengs1

• Members

I gave it to my niece Christmas 2015 because I didn't like the sound and I thought it was too bassy. stupid of me. u can roll off the bass to your taste. I just got it back last night and tried it. Sounds killer. The metal zone is like the go to pedal for me. with that alone you can do anything rock or metal. van halen to metallica to satriani. this thing can do a lot....

• Members
Never liked it. The mid scoop is real cool but that doesn't cut real well. The candied (Satch) high end too, is just awful. You can't get rid of it either. Never liked it.

Did you ever try the 8 presets provided by Boss for the pedal? Start with those and make small adjustments outside of them. Did you try changing the EQ settings on your amp?

• Members

Did you ever try the 8 presets provided by Boss for the pedal? Start with those and make small adjustments outside of them. Did you try changing the EQ settings on your amp?

I remember trying something Boss called "blues" from the crib sheet that came with it. And that reminds me, another thing you can't dial out is distortion. lol. Needless to continue, the suggested settings were useless to me.

• Members

I remember trying something Boss called "blues" from the crib sheet that came with it. And that reminds me, another thing you can't dial out is distortion. lol. Needless to continue, the suggested settings were useless to me.

So what you're saying is you bought a Metal Zone pedal to dial out the distortion and because of that it sucked. Well ok then.

• Members

I like the MZ for Metallica Justice era distortion. I don't play their songs, I just love being able to jam and riff to it. I used it to get my Black Label Society fill and before I got a guitar with EMG pickups I used either the DS1 or SD1 stacked on top of it to bring it to the edge. It's also good to get the Texas Hippie Coalition chug going as well. Just freaking brutal and I love it. With a 6 setting EQ you have to dial it in and if you don't have the patient or play the type tunes it was designed it can sound like {censored}. It does a great AC/DC blues rock too.

Archived