LPB1 power booster, red wire?

bluesmann

• Members

I bought a old 70's EH LPB1 power booster a while back and when I opened it up, the red battery wire was disconnected. Its the smaller one with two female jacks for input and output. Can someone tell me where the red battery wire gets soldered to?

The black is soldered to the on / off switch. I think the red gets soldered to the back of the volume pot but I'm not sure. Anybody? Thanks

I bought a old 70's EH LPB1 power booster a while back and when I opened it up, the red battery wire was disconnected. Its the smaller one with two female jacks for input and output. Can someone tell me where the red battery wire gets soldered to?

The black is soldered to the on / off switch. I think the red gets soldered to the back of the volume pot but I'm not sure. Anybody? Thanks

I have one around here someplace, but I figured a Google search would be faster than trying to find it and open it up - there's several images of them there, and they all appear to have the black wire from the battery clip hooked up to the switch, and the red is soldered to the housing of the volume pot. :wave:

• Members

Thanks, I did a search and found them two different ways. I quess I'll have to do a live test and touch the red wire where we think it goes. I saw one with both red and black wired to the switch lol, looks like a short waiting to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

You know what? lol! I had a LPB II pedal sitting around I had forgotten about. I found it last night stashed away in a drawer with some other pedals. I have a Morgan DAG 15 with a celestion blue that I haven't tweaked yet. I want to try some NOS Mullards in V1 and a 50's long plate in the inverter. and use the LPB to sting the input. Hope I find some Vintage magic.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived