should i get an octave pedal if i already have a harmonizer pedal?

mbengs1

• Members

you'd think the stock answer would be no, but it depends on the feature set of the pedal you have versus the one your considering ?

digitech drop or ricochet versus harmonyman ?

ehx pitchfork or dwarfcraft pitchgrinder versus ps5 or 6 ?

does it need expression pedal input, glide, fuzz, arpeggiator, or filter fx ...

i've looked at feature sets and youtube, but without hands on that's about all i got.

[oops, you said dedicated... but even then the tc up-down]

• Members

I agree with dk. I think the litmus test is pretty easy though. Do you get what you need out of the pedal you have? Everyone has a tone in their head, and they try to achieve it. Have you gotten there yet? When you have, the quest is over.

I agree with dk. I think the litmus test is pretty easy though. Do you get what you need out of the pedal you have? Everyone has a tone in their head' date=' and they try to achieve it. Have you gotten there yet? When you have, the quest is over.[/quote']

Yup... if the pedal you have does what you need, then there's no reason to add another. However, I could see where someone might want to use a octave pedal (up or down an octave) along with a harmonizer set to an interval other than an octave - for example, for slight "chorus-like" detuning, or for a different interval, such as a fifth. Something like that would most likely take two pedals to pull off.

Archived