No announcement yet.

Travis Browning Epiphone Les Paul Special VE review

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Browning Epiphone Les Paul Special VE review

Our very own Travis Browning is turning into quite the gear reviewer. Check out his latest review, this time for the Epiphone Les Paul Special VE, right here.

Feel free to post any comments, and if you have any questions, hopefully Travis will be along shortly to answer them for you.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Thanks, Phil! This Epiphone was so fun to review, and such a great guitar in general. I'm definitely here to answer any questions about the guitar, the process, or anything at all.

Thanks!
    http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/

Comment

yes, great review. the quality of these entry level guitars is nuts isn't it. resource optimization as art.
      i was getting ready to try an trademark a band name ...
      and then i woke up and realized "dildos on marz" probably wasn't a great idea

harmony central is so much nicer without the drama queens

"in a couple centuries, when people finally appreciate my genius, you can all kiss my ..." - vincent van gogh

Comment

Originally posted by dweebking View Post
        yes, great review. the quality of these entry level guitars is nuts isn't it. resource optimization as art.
        Thank you! And yes, its amazing! Other than the pickups which I will eventually change, its such a pleasure to play.

Comment

Travis, take a look at the bottom of the review - although I've tried to steer the discussion over here (where it's easier to interact), some people have still commented about it there.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Sounds like great bang for the buck!
            __________________________________________________ _________
            arcadesonfire:
            And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
            ______________________________________________ _________
            guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
            __________________________________________________ ______
            Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
            _____________________________________________ _________
            ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jorhay1 View Post
              Sounds like great bang for the buck!
              It is! And beyond that, its just a great guitar! I think the "60s SlimTaper-D" is my favorite neck ever! I do a lot of picking around open chords and it provides enough chunk to feel just right for me, and when I go to the middle of the neck for some melody lines it tapers down and fits my hand perfectly. I don't have massive hands, but I do have fairly long fingers.

Comment

Working...
              X