effects power supply

mbengs1

• Members

I use a one spot 9v adapter for powering all my pedals. this is a cheap power supply. just 20 bucks for the adapter and 10 bucks for the daisy chain. why is a mxr dc brick or a voodoo lab pedal power supply better than the one spot? isn't the one spot more practical since its cheaper?

• Members

I never used a one spot, but I am familiar with them. They're probably fine for most uses, but I have a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power Plus and it is an excellent piece of gear and I believe it can also deal with higher current levels than a one spot which is helpful when dealing with digital pedals that have a high current draw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In my experience, the onespot can put off noisy fields and needs to be positioned properly if the brick is too close to signal wires.

I'm currently using the onespot pro, and my GT500 is running at 18v, BF-2 at 12v, and a Keeley Blacktop is plugged into a variable sag port.

Besides that, there is a 9vac tap for a Whammy or similar, all ports are isolated, and the IDE power cable is much sturdier than a onespot's 20g wire.

No noise from power at all, and analog drive pedals seem to sound more consistent from day to day because of properly regulated power.

I was playing for 28 years before I found out why a power supply is worth good money.

Don't make excuses for making the same mistake I did. It's worth the bread.

Archived