Empress Echosystem - The new king of delay pedals?

looks like it would a college degree to operate.

Setting aside the fact that I'm an audio engineer, not really... just select the mode you want, then adjust the time, mix and output knobs just like on any other delay. Feedback and tone seem pretty self-explanatory to me too... although I do have to admit that I have no idea what Thing 1 and Thing 2 do, except maybe cause mayhem like these two Things do...

latest?cb=20131013015212

;)

In actual fact, I suspect the function of those two knobs is dependent on which mode is selected...

Seems pretty cool and having left and right inputs is a smart move. I'd be as like to use this on a synth as a guitar.

Yeah, being able to process the left and right channels independently (with different effects) is a really powerful feature. And I agree - this would be useful for processing more than just guitars - and that definitely includes synths. :)

Something basic like this sound (H-9 ironically) ; little darker maybe.

@ 22 sec.

Pete gives you the details on the parameter settings in the upper-right hand corner, and they tell you what the effect is too - it's a combination of spring reverb and tremolo, and most of the units Eventide has made from the 80s on are capable of producing that effect, or something very similar.

If that's the sound you're after, you can easily get into the ballpark with any decent spring reverb pedal and a good tremolo. You wouldn't need an Eventide necessarily.

• Members

Pete gives you the details on the parameter settings in the upper-right hand corner, and they tell you what the effect is too - it's a combination of spring reverb and tremolo, and most of the units Eventide has made from the 80s on are capable of producing that effect, or something very similar.

If that's the sound you're after, you can easily get into the ballpark with any decent spring reverb pedal and a good tremolo. You wouldn't need an Eventide necessarily.

Ha! I used to wonder why that sound had no repeats. :facepalm:

Ha! I used to wonder why that sound had no repeats. :facepalm:

:)

Actually, it does have repeats... they're just not audible as discrete, individual events.

Reverb and delay are very similar... indoors, both are produced by sound waves bouncing off of the various room surfaces. In fact, in a decent sized room, when a sound occurs, the first thing you will hear is a delay as the sound travels to the room surfaces, bounces off, and returns to your ears. That's why most good reverb plugins will have a "pre-delay" parameter of some sort.

Those delays turn into reverb. The difference is in the number of "bounces" and how closely they are spaced together. Delays are discrete and audible as individual "repeats", while reverb has so many bounces, spaced so close together, that our ears no longer hear them as discrete events, but as a "wash" of sound.

Archived