Post Your Pedalboard 2017 Edition.

• Members

Couldn't seem to find a recent post your board thread. :idk: Lets get back on it!

I'm using the OD-3 for a just slightly dirty tone. I hated the Dano fuzz with single coils as it is really bright, but I dig it with humbuckers! Very tonebenderish but I can turn the tone down and put it on the neck pickup and it gets nice and wooly/muffy. The Delay is okay, I mainly just use it to add some more ambience since I'm playing in a two piece.

A2wPFR0.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Could seem to find a recent post your board thread. :idk: Lets get back on it!

I'm using the OD-3 for a just slightly dirty tone. I hated the Dano fuzz with single coils as it is really bright, but I dig it with humbuckers! Very tonebenderish but I can turn the tone down and put it on the neck pickup and it gets nice and wooly/muffy. The Delay is okay, I mainly just use it to add some more ambience since I'm playing in a two piece.

A2wPFR0.jpg

Nice board, I'll try to get a pic of mine later. You're playing in a two piece now? Are you gigging?

• Members
dual%20boost.jpg

Really minimal these days.

Apache Amps Dual Boost. (COT clone/mod) Right side always on.

Old school Teese McCoy.

Non alkaline batteries.

Plexy, treble input, non jumped.

Haven't been feeling the op amps lately.

Nice! What kind of music do you play? I dig the minimalism.

• Members

Nice! What kind of music do you play? I dig the minimalism.

I'm going to be doing some dates in the summer playing some 70's funk rock, with a horn section.

But I play live dates and studio gigs.

I'd actually love to add my Echoplex EP-3, and my Stone Bender,

just to go all out 70's rocker douche, but don't need them for this gig.

Loving the dynamics you get with transistors, and slight to no compression.

This set up let's me go from cleans to classic rock territory

with basically my guitar volume, and the left boost for solo's.

Not doing anything heavy at the moment.

Oh, and I'm using humbuckers and not a strat with this set up.

• Members
My pedal board has not changed this year, nor do I have any plans to add any think different.

fetch?filedataid=110179

Super jealous of your Fulldrive. I love the OD-3, but if I could go back in time, I very well might've spend the extra dough and grabbed a FD-3. What are you playing into it?

• Members

Super jealous of your Fulldrive. I love the OD-3, but if I could go back in time, I very well might've spend the extra dough and grabbed a FD-3. What are you playing into it?

I have many guitars and amps.

Only one fx pedal board.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

fetch?filedataid=124436

the one between ts-9 and delay constantly changes, currently its my byoc phase 90 clone, and in the front row i also swap from time to time, currently there is no muff, but the ehx screaming bird which sounds great stacked with the lpb-1

• Members

Mr. Grumpy's super-cheap pedalboard. Pretty sure I paid less than $50 for all of these pedals except the Boss delay. That's how I can afford a fancy Pedaltrain pedalboard and Voodoo labs power supply.

--> Fender PT-10 Tuner --> Homebuilt Fuzzrite ---> TS7 tubescreamer --> Nady TD-1 --> Fender Starcaster Chorus --> SB7 bass synth --> Boss DSD-3 --> Passive volume pedal --> [amp]

d6813f894ef6710a9acad49afb2edafc.jpg.8270c7c6970b57059a72d68cdbe07e25.jpg

• Members
Mr. Grumpy's super-cheap pedalboard. Pretty sure I paid less than $50 for all of these pedals except the Boss delay. That's how I can afford a fancy Pedaltrain pedalboard and Voodoo labs power supply.

--> Fender PT-10 Tuner --> Homebuilt Fuzzrite ---> TS7 tubescreamer --> Nady TD-1 --> Fender Starcaster Chorus --> SB7 bass synth --> Boss DSD-3 --> Passive volume pedal --> [amp]

Nice board! I remember when the Starcaster Chorus was all the rage for a little while. Those Ibanez Tone Lok pedals are nice too! I've had a few of them, DE-7 being my favorite of the bunch.

• Members

Hi, I have been a member of the live audio forum for 17 years or so, but first time in this forum. I decided to get out from behind the board and get on stage again (I am a geezer so this is a BOLD step at 63.) Just putting the rig together so don't have pics of anything yet, just a list of things I bought and am currently putting together (except for guitars and amps: Gibson Nighthawk Studio, American Tele, 87 MIJ Strat with Floyd, Epi LP, or Gibson LP into either a THD Univalve with Avatar 1x12 (Greenback) or my new to me "The Valve 250-2" which I am loving. Pulled out the low end Celestions someone had installed and bought some Celestion Centurys (first version not the VINTAGE one. Hoping that will lighten the 66 lb combo enough to make it more portable.) Not working at a pro level, just want to play some local bars and have a little more fun while I can.

Anyway, the new pedalboard and stomp boxes:

Voodoo Lab Dingbat Medium board/Mondo Power Supply and case

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah

Fulltone FatBoost (FB-3)

Barber Direct Drive

Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive

TC Electronic Flashback X4

Boss Acoustic Simulator (AC-3) don't care for it but nothing similar and better yet. Don't want to carry my acoustics out.

I went on a buying spree for the TC Electronic mini pedals because they sound OK and are small on the board. As I fine tune needs, I will upgrade if needed.

Spark (may replace the Sparkle Drive)

Flashback

Shaker

Corona (replaces my Boss CE-3)

Vortex

HOF (replaces my Boss RV)

Polytune 2 (replaces my Boss TU-3)

I felt like the Boss stuff was OK in its day, but the bar has gone up since I last played out, and I wanted to move up a bit.

I also will carry an Ernie Ball volume pedal but don't think I have room on the board for it. Going to spend the weekend trying to complete the physical layout, cutting all the George L's to length, and putting it together. Once done I will try to post pictures of it. Hoping that would be beginning of the week at the latest.

Debating layout, weighing pro's and cons of easy button access vs frequent use, and signal flow. Seems to be a lot of opinions on flow but open to more.

Any pitfalls or advice welcomed...

• Members

I felt like the Boss stuff was OK in its day, but the bar has gone up since I last played out, and I wanted to move up a bit.

This is funny because I found myself doing the exact opposite! When I first started getting into effects pedals, Catalinbread and Empress and such were getting really big and, while I definitely agree they can be a step up from Boss pedals, I've found myself now going back to Boss pedals because they're simple and sound good!

Good on you for getting back out there and playing again, I'm currently doing the same thing after a bit of a break :thu:

Archived