This is my rig

mbengs1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I would guess that the box is a voltage convertor and regulator....AC power in the Philippines is, as I found out on my first visit, not well regulated, and noisy, 240/50, and many homes have 120/60 converters to allow them to use American and Japanese products.

I was wondering about that Marshall as well...is that a JTM 60?

and all those pedals...I hope there is a buffer in there somewhere...

• Members
What model is that Marshall?

And what's the black box with the white face that's sitting in the right-hand corner near the wall AC outlet - a power regulator or UPS of some sort?

the marshall is a JTM60. i never got to use it actual jamming so i don't know if its loud enough. it gets pretty loud but i dunno if it can be loud enough with acoustic drums. but it sounds good. the black box is an auto-volt-regulator. i use it so the power of my whole rig is stable and doesn't fluctuate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
JTM 610. Great sounding amps, but the early ones were really unreliable. I have one sitting in my basement in a non working state. I think Marshall repaired it three times under warranty and I had it repaired once after that.

Never saw one of those before.

What was/is wrong with it? There are lots of good amp techs around today that might be able to get to the root cause of the problem and fix it for good.

the marshall is a JTM60. i never got to use it actual jamming so i don't know if its loud enough. it gets pretty loud but i dunno if it can be loud enough with acoustic drums. but it sounds good. the black box is an auto-volt-regulator. i use it so the power of my whole rig is stable and doesn't fluctuate.

Given a half-way decent set of speakers A 60W amp should have no trouble hanging with a acoustic drum set. :)

Is it just me guys, or do white Les Paul Customs have it all over black Customs? I've never been all that wild about the black Customs, but that white one looks great IMO.

Archived