Lovepedal Dover Drive - better with a buffer in front

RockNote

• Members

I have no experience with this particular pedal, but it's very common for overdrive pedals to limit the amount of bass signal coming into the distortion circuit by using certain value for the input capacitor. This is done on purpose to "voice" the distortion; limiting the amount of bass keeps the overdrive from sounding muddy or farty.

The buffer in your TS-9 changes your signal from a high impedance signal to a lower impedance signal, so the bass tones are not weakened as much by the input capacitor. (oversimplified explanation, there may be a more thorough explanation to follow....)

• Members

TS9 in bypass? My Boogie makes bulbous bass which I have no use for. ie it would be way too loud before that turned into smooth breakup. So, I use a TS9 to thin the bottom out. I also use a Digitech distortion which has active hi and low eq to do essentially the same thing. Nothing about my TS9 will add bass though. The DX Turbo will though. There are 3 modes past TS9 which which increase the bass progressively - per mode that is.

Maybe you just need more signal in front your pedal for it to fatten up? How are your connections?

Archived