boss ds-1 with a wah wah

mbengs1

• Members

i have a boss ds-1 and when i use it with my dunlop gcb-95 wahwah, its very ineffective. the wah doesn't seem to work well with the ds-1. i can barely hear the wah effect, but when i combine it with an overdrive, i can hear the wah well. anybody else notice this about the ds-1?

• Members

is the ds1 before or after the gcb-95?

is it a stock gcb.95 or is it modded?

the stock will sound a bit blunt.

i was going to spent $300+ for a RMC or a keeley wah when i found info about modding it.

i made mine true bypass, removed the weak buffer circuit, added led and change one resistor to provide more gain, since then almost 10 years ago i couldn't be happier with it, part cost less then $10, total amount of work less than 15minutes....

ok add 2 hours internet research and reading different mod descriptions and howto's....

now it works well with any dirt pedal

• Members
is the ds1 before or after the gcb-95?

is it a stock gcb.95 or is it modded?

the stock will sound a bit blunt.

i was going to spent $300+ for a RMC or a keeley wah when i found info about modding it.

i made mine true bypass, removed the weak buffer circuit, added led and change one resistor to provide more gain, since then almost 10 years ago i couldn't be happier with it, part cost less then $10, total amount of work less than 15minutes....

ok add 2 hours internet research and reading different mod descriptions and howto's....

now it works well with any dirt pedal

I put all my distortions after the wah. its a stock gcb-95.

Archived