This pedal is probably not for you...

Phil O'Keefe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

That's a bit pricey for a mass produced volume pedal. Would probably work well after your drive pedals for guitar. I won't live without a volume pedal on my board. I bought a Hilton a while back. Its pot less like the little alligator by Morley. The Hilton is , lets say precise and smooth with a boutique price tag.

That's a bit pricey for a mass produced volume pedal. Would probably work well after your drive pedals for guitar. I won't live without a volume pedal on my board. I bought a Hilton a while back. Its pot less like the little alligator by Morley. The Hilton is ' date=' lets say precise and smooth with a boutique price tag. [/quote']

It's really solidly built - very heavy-duty. And yes, it will work best (for passive guitars anyway) when placed after another pedal of some kind. The impedance is too low to run it first in your chain. Keyboardists can put it anywhere in their chain they want though. And while there are some possible guitar applications, it's really intended for them.

I still have an old Morley Volume pedal - the EV-5 VC. It has a minimum volume control and can be used as an expression pedal (functions just like a Roland EV-5, which I guess explains the name), and has held up well for me, and does everything I need a guitar volume pedal to do... I do wish it had stereo I/O though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived