Holy Moly... Best Deal Ever on AD999

groovezilla

• Members

I dropped by Starving Musician today and lo and behold they had an AD999 for $149. Pretty good deal so I picked it up. Got home and tried it out, but no effects where audible when it was in the active position (just dry signal). I took it back for a refund and told them that I could probably fix it (I'm a EE of 20 years), so they offered it to me for $80 (after refund). I took the deal and took the unit home. I noticed that the unit had been opened before (due to roughened phillips screws). I opened it up and after inspecting it for 10 minutes or so I noticed the metal spacer that separates the circuit boards was put in backwards, likely shorting out a section of the circuit board. I put it back together (properly) and whala! the unit works perfectly.

Sweeeeeet!!!!

I figure some knucklehead took it apart to see how it worked, put it back together after realizing that there wasn't hamster running on a wheel inside and then pulled a fast on the guys at Starving Musician. The best part is that Starving Musician got what they paid for it, I got a great effects unit for a song and the knucklehead took it in the shorts :-)

Man, this thing sounds great... best delay I've ever owned. And a great story to-boot.

Archived