Spaceman Orion Reverb?

skviggel fhank

At $400 (or more, depending on the finish you opt for), it had better sound pretty darned good, but then again, that's not all that unreasonable when compared to the price of a new (or even used) reissue Fender reverb unit. Is it worth it? I have no way of knowing since I've never heard it personally... but for someone who has a JCM800 or an old Boogie or other amp with no verb, this might be a good option if they "have to have" a REAL spring reverb.

If you're not too picky and just need an amp with reverb, you can probably find something used for the same price or less. Of, you can get any of a number of good sounding reverb pedals for less. Heck, you can even look around for a Danelectro Spring King, which also uses a real spring inside it. They cost about a hundred bucks or so the last time I checked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know if you can get that amazing a tube amp, with reverb, for $400 (I'm talking Princeton Reverb as being good tube amp) but if you already have a {censored}ty tube amp with no reverb, paying $400 to get reverb seems like a bad idea.

There's no way this Spaceman pedal is better than your Catlinbread, Subdecay etc which come in under half that price and are considered at the high end, and then there's legit good reverbs that are half of THOSE pedals in $.

I would suggest if you're thinking of spending that kind of money on a pedal reverb, maybe look at your amp and think how much you could get for it, add $400 and start shopping for a vintage amp with spring reverb and upgrade your whole sound. Just the way I would go about it.

Archived