Do you hate tap-dancing?

Phil O'Keefe

You know... on your pedalboard?

I love the complex sounds you can get by combining multiple effects pedals, but hate the tap dancing involved in switching multiple things over in mid-song. Fortunately Carl Martin offers a clever device that can put an end to your tap dancing days... the Octa-Switch Mk3. Check out my review right here on Harmony Central for all the details about this very cool switcher, and let me know if you have any questions. :wave:

:philthumb:Terrific review as usual' date=' Phil.[/quote']

Thank you sir! :o

i still have my OctaSwitch MkI . I agree with you about having a loop with stereo ins and outs. i'm a bit baffled that they didn't tackle that 2 generations later :confused2:

I'm not sure why they didn't add that to the Mk3 - maybe not that many people have requested it... but IMHO it would definitely make it a lot more stereo-pedal friendly.

My tap dancing days ended years ago .... Thanks to M.I.D.I implemented gear

This is intended as a switcher for people who don't like dealing with MIDI. It allows you to get many of the benefits that more complex MIDI switchers provide without the programming hassles. I agree that MIDI is more powerful, but not everyone needs it, or knows the ins and outs of MIDI. With the Octa-Switch, you don't need to know any of that... it's super-easy to set it up.

• Members

I built my own dual loopier pedal to get around the issue. My signal chain was getting too long and was experiencing allot of signal loss. I'm able to bypass everything and feed the guitar directly to the amp for clean tones. I didnt realize just how much you lose with a dozen pedals or so, even when most are true bypass.

I have the two bypasses set up so when both switches are kicked I remove all pedals. First time I used it it was like, wow, Less is definitely better when it comes to clean tone. I can use amps channel switching in this mode too.

I have the pedals set up in two banks. One is set up for the pedals I use most and the second I don't use as much. I can leave some running in each or use individual pedals switches too.

I've seen those Octa switches and its overkill for anything I'd need. I don't take my large studio board to gigs any more. I don't use half of them and hauling the big board is just dead weight to carry. I have this cool little pedal board case that has a removable top. I just use a small board case with 5 pedals.

Archived