BOSS Blues Driver 2 Overdrive Demo

JacksGearDemos

• Members

Hey guys, new to the forum but the first pedal I ever bought was a beat-up BOSS BD-2 for just $45. This thing has been my most reliable and durable pedal, and despite it being cheap and frowned upon, I still use it for many isolated purposes such as volume boost, low-gain tone boost, high gain, and mixing and matching.

Anyways I made a quick video demo just to highlight the cool features of it. Check it out and let me know what you think:

Curious how many of you guys have a BD-2 on your pedalboard. Seems to be the best pedal bang-for-buck

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
I've owned various Boss OD and distortion pedals' date=' but never that one - and it's one of the ones from them that I think I'd probably like the most. Thanks for sharing the demo video. :cool2:[/quote']

Thanks man and yeah this thing is an absolute staple. I also have a BOSS chromatic tuner and PH3 phaser because they are very cheap to get used and still sound mint. But the BD-2 is great for blues, hard rock, psychedelic and everything.

Yes the BD-2 is a great pedal. I use one in front of my old SF Princeton Reverb sometimes and it's like adding another tube stage to the amp. It really fattens up a Stratocaster nicely and the rig sounds nice and heavy through a Marshall 4X12.

I agree it's great for strats, I used to use a MIM fender strat (have since upgraded to the guitar you see in that video) but the BD-2 definitely fattened it up and gave it a more full body sound

Archived