NGOD - NUX Phaser Core & Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser

• Members

NGOD is for New Gear Ordered Day.

I hadn't owned a phaser pedal before, and didn't really know for what I'd use one, but today I ordered two.

One of the phasers I ordered today is a NUX Phaser Core: https://youtu.be/uVM-I5yGqUA?t=6m28s

I listened to some demos and like the smooth and full sound it can provide, as well as the extensive configurability of its effect. People's opinions of its effect seem to be positive, though I also read some views that its knobs move too easily - although it does have a switch position that locks an effect in independently of where the knobs are turned to, and can also store a setting as a preset.

I saw a good deal for a NUX Phaser Core on Amazon, only $54 CND + free shipping, so I decided to go for it, since I did like it sound, and I thought that would fulfill my phaser needs.

After ordering, and reading some more opinions about which phasers are good, I read someone mention the Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser:

I checked it out, and it seemed awesome to me, with a quality sound, and also with lots of configurability. I also found the PCB version on sale on eBay for $165. So I ordered one of those, too.

I'd also heavily checked out the BOSS PH-3, though there's something about its modulation that doesn't fulfill the sound I am looking for right now. It sounds to me sort of like the PH-3 doesn't experience as much modulation dimension as many other phasers. I don't know the exact description to give it.

Anyone else have thoughts on these pedals?

Archived