Compression

owenmatt

• Members

Is there a way to wire my compressor on my pedal board to only come on when I switch to my amps clean channel and bypass it when i switch to the 2 dirt channels? My amp is a Diamond Phantom and it switches via a TRS cable and a two button footswitch.

• Members

It may be a bit more difficult but yes. You'd need to make a new channel switch that also acted as a looper.

You'd use a different switch with and extra set of contacts. You may be able to use a 3PDT switch and still have an LED.

Then when you switch channels you'd also be turning the loop on at the same time. The pedal would remain on all the time but its bypassed by the channel switch when you engage (or disengage) it.

Another alternative would be to use something like a Carl Martin Octa-Switch MkIII, which has the ability to recall combinations of effects as presets, and also has two built-in external switchers too that you could probably use for your amp. As with the pedals, the external switches can be programmed and recalled as part of presets, so you could have one preset for compression and the clean channel on your amp, and kick in other effects (or none) when you switch over to your lead and crunch channels.

Stay tuned for a review here on HC soon. smile.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just wanted to post, talked to a company called loop switchers - loopswitchers.com - and they are making me a switcher that will switch all three channels and I have a loop for each channel so and it is going to be 2 of there mini switchers with some custom work put together so it wont take much room. Thanks for the info, the octa switch looks cool to but I dont need anything that big.

Archived