True delay pedal

rafaelveggi

• Members

Hi how are you?

please I need help to find a very specific delay pedal

is there any delay pedal that plays only the delay part and not the notes I'm actually playing?

I'd like to try it on some reggae stuff in a way I play the bass with 2 outputs, one goes direct to bass amp and the other I'd put thru this delay pedal and then thru an octave up pedal and then through a harmonizer

so I get a boring automatic guitar player to follow me on the upbeat

any hints?

thanks a lot

• Members

Delay pedals vary wildly in terms of prices, types, features, and sizes. Crazy amount of choices out there, but many will have what you are looking for.

The Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man is an old favorite, and it has a Blend knob that will allow you to dial out the dry signal. But it isn't cheap.

A cheaper alternative is the Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, which also has a Blend knob, as well as a Send output for the effect loop.

• Members

^second this.

one of the cheapest ehx alternative is the echo #1

but you might want to look for something which has at least tap-tempo so you can sync the repeats with your tempo

from ehx the deluxe memory boy would be the next cheapest.

best would be if you have a display where you can set the ms of the delay time and has presets, so it would be much easier to handle for your situation, prepare a correct timed preset for each song and than during the gig just select the next preset

there the cheapest as i can remember is the Boss DD-20

and then there are the complete overkill stuff like the Boss DD-500 or the Korg SDD-3000 Pedal

don't get me wrong i love my SDD-3000 Pedal but its $400 more delay features than you ever will need pedal....

oh i found the TC Electronics Nova Delay is cheaper than the Boss DD20

woah now i found something interesting:

Visual Sound - Time Bandit

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Visual_Sound_Releases_The_Time_Bandit

for "all" pedals with external Tap tempo input, you use a click track as input of the time bandit, which sets the time to your delay pedal er tap tempo input or you use the internal beat generator of the time bandit set the tap tempo.

has anyone been able to try this out already?

Yup - you'll definitely need tap tempo so the delays are in sync with the rest of the band. And as everyone said, you need a delay pedal that has a blend or mix control so you can dial it up for "100% wet" - some delay pedals have two outputs and can run the uneffected signal out of one jack, and the delays out of the second one.

What kind of a budget are you working with?

BTW, welcome to the forums! :cool2::wave:

• Members
Yup - you'll definitely need tap tempo so the delays are in sync with the rest of the band. And as everyone said, you need a delay pedal that has a blend or mix control so you can dial it up for "100% wet" - some delay pedals have two outputs and can run the uneffected signal out of one jack, and the delays out of the second one.

What kind of a budget are you working with?

BTW, welcome to the forums! :cool2::wave:

Oh boy, I get embarassed to say but I'm on the Brazilian budget if you know what I mean...

imported products costs A LOT here and there are fewer options

I guess I can live without the tap tempo feature

but I guess that Behringer pedal made of plastic has two outputs and tap tempo

thank you very much for your reply!

• Members

Thank you all for the kind replies, you're a great community, it's very nice to be here!

as you pointed me out there are lots and lots of options but unfortunatelly most of them are currently out of my budget, the Dollar is too expensive here lately.

I guess I'll find a DIY solution or a cheaper pedal

thanks again

The Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail has a delay insert jack which is a separate output containing only the delay. You can send the delay to another amp or add effects to the delay only' date=' like a volume pedal, tremolo, or another delay. [/quote']

It's going to be more expensive than the Behringer, and I don't know if they're available in Brazil or not, but I agree - the Vapor Trail is an excellent compact delay pedal. You can check out my review of it right here on Harmony Central. :)

Archived