Line 6 Firehawk??

Jisatsu

• Members

In a pre-emptive strike I downloaded the app to my ipad, and it has a ton of options, and the whole ability to dig through my music library and give patch recommendations based off of which songs you play is pretty freaking cool. Now if only the trade comes through :-s

In a pre-emptive strike I downloaded the app to my ipad, and it has a ton of options, and the whole ability to dig through my music library and give patch recommendations based off of which songs you play is pretty freaking cool. Now if only the trade comes through :-s

This sounds really similar to some of the features of the AMPLiFi amplifiers, which I have tried. They do have some pretty darned cool features. :cool2:

I believe Chris Loeffler here at HC is working on a review of the Firehawk, although I don't know how soon it will be published. If you have any urgent pre-purchase questions, you might want to drop him a PM. :idea::wave:

• Members
this is marketed as a recording tool. is that what you're looking for?

I wouldn't say so much as a recording tool, but more like something to tinker with and not have to constantly fumble around with my pedals on and off the pedal board. Maybe something to spark creativity, while allowing me to use headphones. The Ipad/phone connectivity seems pretty sweet, and I like the multiple options for outputs.

The last Line 6 product I spent any real time with was their guitar port, and while it was a fun toy, it also allowed me to tinker with lots of effects and build apon my sound.

TL;DR? Kinda sorta, not really. :)

• Members

This sounds really similar to some of the features of the AMPLiFi amplifiers, which I have tried. They do have some pretty darned cool features. :cool2:

I believe Chris Loeffler here at HC is working on a review of the Firehawk, although I don't know how soon it will be published. If you have any urgent pre-purchase questions, you might want to drop him a PM. :idea::wave:

Actually Phil, I have been out of the game for a couple years and didn't see the Amplifi series until just yesterday while I was looking for more info on the firehawk. I was offered the firehawk in a trade, but it seems like the other party is backing out (there's quite a few miles between us and I don't like shipping trades with strangers.).

I might actually look into the amplifi fx100 as another option, seems very similar with half the footswitches. Looks like line 6 is going in the right direction these days, at least for the at home hobbyists. More user friendly it looks.

• Members

I wouldn't say so much as a recording tool, but more like something to tinker with and not have to constantly fumble around with my pedals on and off the pedal board. Maybe something to spark creativity, while allowing me to use headphones. The Ipad/phone connectivity seems pretty sweet, and I like the multiple options for outputs.

The last Line 6 product I spent any real time with was their guitar port, and while it was a fun toy, it also allowed me to tinker with lots of effects and build apon my sound.

TL;DR? Kinda sorta, not really. :)

i was mistaken about it being marketed as a recording tool. it looks like it is an hd500 with iso/android interface. i borrowed a friends hd500 for a couple weeks and while the sounds were fine i found the interface daunting. line6 really did it right with the m9/13. having to use the pc or phone to change settings on a guitar rig is a bad idea, imo.

Archived