BOSS ME-80?

rabidcatfan

• Members

Does anyone have any experience with this pedal? I wanted to check one out, but my local GC doesn't have them in stock right now. I like that it isn't like a typical Zoom or Digitech multi-effects pedal. It seems as if it is really just a bunch of BOSS stompboxes collaborated into one single unit. I'd sure love to get some opinions on this rig.

• Members

I have been using a Boss ME50 for a long time and love it. I have been thinking about checking out the ME80. But yeah, its like a bunch of Boss stomp boxes along with tuner and reverb and volume pedal, etc... I use mine with my crybaby in front but the wah isn't terrible either. They also have banks of programmable sounds, but mostly I use the individual effects boxes.

• Members

Well. lol, I ended up going with a Vox Tonelab LE that I got second hand (in like-new condition) from a friend for a C-note. It wasn't what I was originally looking at, but it's a helluva nice piece of machinery and workmanship and he has produced some insanely nice sounding tones from it (he played me some of his Pink Floyd stuff from it and it's like listening to Gilmour's setup and tone on 'The Wall'). To be honest, I was surprised he was so willing to sell it, especially for $100, since he loved it so much and spent so much time tweaking it, but he is saving up for the Line 6 HD Pod500X and that extra $100 gets him to his goal, so we both win in the end I think.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I bought The Boss ME 80 soon after it came out....REALLY GOOD PEDAL !.

Excellent construction, KILLER Modulation sounds, AMAZING Reverb, Good Distortions.

This is a REALLY "busy" pedal, it does ALOT of different things...and most of them REAL good.

When I don feel like dragging an amp to rehearsal, I take my Boss ME80.

The only drawback on this pedal is it DOES NOT come with a AC Adapter.

If I'm spending close to $300USD on a pedal, it better come with a AC Adapter.

Buy this pedal, you will not be disappointed, in fact you will be amazed.

I really like this pedal alot, I just need to use it more..........

• Members

The AC adaptor is not a big deal. The Boss PSA-xxx is available everywhere.

The point is Boss products are international and the power supplies are regional. The entire unit would be more expensive if they had to include region specific adaptors with each one.

Archived