New Danelectro Day

• Members

Got a new Danelectro DC 59 with the NOS '99 pickups in today. It's really, really nice. Danelectro outdid themselves on these. It's made in Korea just like the 90s RIs were. Came set up really nicely out of the box, I gotta adjust the pickup heights a little and put on some new strings that aren't 9s. Heres a quick little demo straight into Garageband with a Vox preset. Goes Bridge, Middle, Neck, Beatles.

https://soundcloud.com/travisbrowning-1/danotest

aSEQhsC.jpg

6IlUle0.jpg

• Members
very nice,

i have a hendrixed dc59 but the controls and jack are in the way, and i'm thinking a long time already buying a real lefty from ebay, cause i like the neck and the sound of the lip sticks...

HNDD :)

Do it, man! Lipsticks are to die for, the only guitars I seem to keep are lipstick equipped. I even put one in my acoustic.

• Members

Do it, man! Lipsticks are to die for, the only guitars I seem to keep are lipstick equipped. I even put one in my acoustic.

:)

i have something "bigger" in the queue so i can't buy another guitar currently, although the dano would be a cheapo...

someday i will, i promise

• Members
That's really nice Travis! I had not heard about the lost / found lipstick pickups - that's pretty cool. I guess that means your pickups are from the same general era as the ones in my late 90s DC-12. :cool2:

What made you decide to get another Dano?

So yours is a Korean made Dano too, yeah?

I dunno what made me get it honestly.. I think I just noticed that all the guitar I seem to keep around have lipstick tubes in them. I may have been drinking and watching Jimmy Page clips when I made the final decision too.. Phil these new Danos are really well made, gotta hand it to the Evets Corp. or the Korean workers, someone is doing a great job.

So yours is a Korean made Dano too, yeah?

Yes, both of my Danos were MIK - a late 90s DC-12 and a '05 limited edition Baritone.

I dunno what made me get it honestly.. I think I just noticed that all the guitar I seem to keep around have lipstick tubes in them. I may have been drinking and watching Jimmy Page clips when I made the final decision too.. Phil these new Danos are really well made, gotta hand it to the Evets Corp. or the Korean workers, someone is doing a great job.

I need to check a couple of them out... maybe see about doing a review of one or two of the newer ones. I certainly love the two I have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
That's nice' date=' but I'm wondering why you're buying a(nother) new guitar when you are cutting corners on amp budget?[/quote']

I haven't bought a guitar since like 2012 or whenever those Squier Jazzmasters came out so I don't know what you mean by "another new guitar". I just don't see the sense in spending a lot of money on an amp that will be played in my bedroom for practice 99% of the time.

I sent the Danelectro back today anyways. Great guitar, great build quality, sounds great, but I just wasn't bonding with it.

• Members

That's too bad the Dano wasn't a match. Anyhow, if you have more than one guitar and no decent amp - then you need an amp. Amps are instruments, in a sense, just like guitars. This is especially true for you because of your style and fondness for FX. It's meant as a kind suggestion: I truly think you''re not realizing how much you'd get out of having a satisfying amp. There's a three dimensional aspect to playing through an amp you just don't get from monitors, even very good monitors.

Archived