Need some advice/help from you stompbox experts

• Members

I haven't been by this forum in a long time but I need to get some help in a good starting hookup sequence for my boxes.

I have been collecting, trading music stuff for the last 3-4 years to get a collection of various stompboxes. I built a pedal board about 3 years ago in the hopes I'd get what I want to build it. That day has come and I'm ready to go. What I don't know is a good starting sequence to hook them up. I know there are some basic rules about this but I don't know them so I'm looking to you good people to help me get started. Your help will be much appreciated.

Here is a list of what I want to use.

Thanks

Fulltone OCD

Boss DD3

Electro Harmonix Pitch Fork

Electro Harmonics B9 (Organ Machine)

BBE Mind Bender

Joe Meek Compressor

Wampler Clean Buffer

Tuner

Digitech JamMan

Volume Pedal

Expression Pedal (for the Pitch Fork)

Powered by VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2

• Members

one basic rule is

tuner,wah,tremolo, compressor first

then comes the dirt section

next are phasers, chorus and flangers

then the delay(s)

at the end reverb

and if there, the looper

the volume pedal depends for what and how you want to use it. could be and of the chain, or in the front or just before the dirt. i don't own one myself so i have no experience with it

with the pitch fork and the B9 you have 2 special pedals, which normally should go before the dirt section, but depending on how or what you use it for, there could be also great sounds after it.

if the compressor should be the very first pedal or after the wah or tremolo you need to try out.

the tremolo could also be after the dirt section, that's just personal taste

anything listed above after the dirt section put before it, most likely will just create a muddy sound. start with something similar like above and if you are not happy make some small changes. change only one pedal at the time, it makes it easier to judge if you like it better or not

Archived