M5/M9, G3/G5, RP series or Boss? 150 euros.

sudokuu

• Members

Hi! I have a big dilemma. I'm looking for multi-effects unit. Currently i own Tonelab ST. It's okay, amps sound sweet, but the effects don't sound good at all. What should it have? Well, first of all, i don't need amp sims when playing live, so i'd like to have an option to turn the amp sims off (or i don't need them at all). Secondly, the effects should sound good, and this is the most important thing ;) I use some overdrives and fuzzes (no heavy distortions), reverbs, delays, tremolo. I rarely use flangers, pitch shifting, octavers, flangers and phasers, though I think I may use some 'weird' effects, like POG, filters etc. :) Thirdly, it should be portable and fit in my bag :) Hm, what's more...probably i don't need looper and expression pedal, 'cause i don't use wah's and so on. USB connection is a plus, but only if an effect sounds good. Like I said, the sound quality is the most important to me ;) Oh, i play a custom single channel combo which doesn't have effects loop, if that's important. I did some research, and there are few effects in my budget (which is 150€) -Line6 M5 or M9 - It's one of the most encouraging to me, it has really good opinions, people seem to love it. -Zoom G3 - Well, it has fantastic opinions too. Unfortunately, i have never tried any Zoom's device. -Boss Me-25 - Some people say that Bosses are dated, but generally positive opinions here as well. -Digitech RP360/355 - A long time ago i tried old RP350 and it sounded horrible. I assume that new devices sound better. Your suggestions are welcomed!:) Hopefully my english is comprehensible. Thanks for responses in advance!

• Members

Speaking as someone that hasn't tried any of the pedals you're talking about, the Line6 M series used to get a whole lot of love around here a few years back, before the M5 came out, there was a lot of people that were using it complementary to their other pedals, out of the ones you've mentioned that's the definitely the one that I've heard the best things about.

Archived