Live music is in a death roll

• Members

TRIO is a hit, but so is the Whammy V, Drop, JamMan, Polara, Obscura, RP360XP, Supernatural etc. Definitely not our "biggest hit" by a long shot.

What are the cultural implications of these other pedals?

TRIO was never intended to be used for live performance, it is a practice and songwriting tool, much like a metronome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
TRIO is a hit, but so is the Whammy V, Drop, JamMan, Polara, Obscura, RP360XP, Supernatural etc. Definitely not our "biggest hit" by a long shot.

What are the cultural implications of these other pedals?

TRIO was never intended to be used for live performance, it is a practice and songwriting tool, much like a metronome.

RP-1 , RP-12 and the 2112 SGS are the kings of tone generation in my book !!!!

• Members
digitech is a wreck

You're a poet and didn't know it.

DigiTech is doing both good and bad things. The iStomp's life was too short (that's for you Tom) and they have some gimmicky stuff (Miko stomp), but I think that they have a lot of good stuff going on. I'm not particularly drawn to effects from a corporation, but as long as they have employee(s?) on the street that's good enough to keep me interested at a minimum.

If I could offer advice, I'd say:

1. Put a life cycle disclaimer in their brochures ("The iStomp will stop evolving much sooner than you think.", as an example)

2. Go back and look at the older stuff for inspiration instead of going head-first into the unknown. (The X series were great pedals) Old into the new, as it were.

The Trio isn't going to hurt live music... in fact, since it will probably help some players practice more, it may even help it.

Recorded music is in far greater trouble than live music is. Most of the revenue in the music industry that bands get today is from live performances and touring, not from royalties from their recordings.

• Members

You're a poet and didn't know it.

DigiTech is doing both good and bad things. The iStomp's life was too short (that's for you Tom) and they have some gimmicky stuff (Miko stomp), but I think that they have a lot of good stuff going on. I'm not particularly drawn to effects from a corporation, but as long as they have employee(s?) on the street that's good enough to keep me interested at a minimum.

LOL, Miku Stomp is Korg.

• Members

On the contrary, they've been putting out some seriously cool stuff lately. For just one example, have you checked out the Obscura Altered Delay?

I just checked it out and my jaw is on the floor. There's just so much creativity involved. That's the kind of pedal that's the reason I buy pedals.

Archived