Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Panel Pedal

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Joe - feel free to stop in any time.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

This isn't in anyway related to the thread, I was just thinking about switch boxes and had a question that was related to this design. All of the jacks physically connect the sleeve to the case right, that's how it grounds? If that's the case, is it necessary to connect the sleeve wires to each other, is there some kind of advantage to having an actual cable connecting the two tips?

Comment

Hey ya Phil.
        Just got this in my email from Gibson.
        Looks like I'm late to the party.
        Good article.
        Only thing I would do differently is to paint/decal the box after you drill the holes.
        Its to easy to chip paint if you drill into a painted box (although painters masking tape can lessen the chance of that happening).
        Last edited by CodeMonk; 09-14-2015, 04:20 PM.
        Originally Posted by Dr.Picklebottom

...i want to see regular homeless people fighting homeless people in santa claus suits over a sweater vest and purple members only jacket.

Comment

Excellent tip - thanks for pointing that out!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Originally posted by jakejoshryan View Post

This isn't in anyway related to the thread, I was just thinking about switch boxes and had a question that was related to this design. All of the jacks physically connect the sleeve to the case right, that's how it grounds? If that's the case, is it necessary to connect the sleeve wires to each other, is there some kind of advantage to having an actual cable connecting the two tips?
            No, you don't have to use the ground point wires - at least if you're using a conductive case and the jacks are grounding to it. If it's painted in such a way as to insulate the jacks from the case, or if you're using a non-conductive (plastic) case, then the ground wires become important.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
            X