Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patch Panel Pedal

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the Hammond 1590B. From what I researched, the jacks will fit vertically without interference. I guess I'll have to wire it up and test it. I can't really see inside the box through the other holes to check for interference. I'm free tonight so I'll work on it and post my results and pics.

Comment

Originally posted by LeBerbs View Post
      I used the Hammond 1590B. From what I researched, the jacks will fit vertically without interference. I guess I'll have to wire it up and test it. I can't really see inside the box through the other holes to check for interference. I'm free tonight so I'll work on it and post my results and pics.
      That may be cutting it close if you want to mount the jacks on the top of the enclosure. To be safe, I'd recommend a enclosure with a minimum interior depth of 1.25". A Hammond 125B might be a better option. I'm not saying the 1590B won't work - it might... but again, it's going to be pretty tight if it does. I'd definitely recommend measuring everything carefully, and lining the other side of the case with something non-conductive, such as electrical tape.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thanks for all the tips, Phil!
        Last edited by LeBerbs; 06-20-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

You're quite welcome - that's what we're here for.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Can't decide if I want to velcro the mesa footswitch to the board and if I should keep the Decimator in the chain. It doesn't get used a lot.
            That line6 is going to the pawn shop asap. I hate the way it sounds. Maybe I just suck at utilizing a compressor.
            Last edited by LeBerbs; 06-20-2015, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think I finally figured out how to post pics correctly...

Turns out the case I used is the same one on most MXR pedals.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's my board I tried to post the other day. Should I velcro the Mesa footswitch?

Attached Files

Comment

Did it work okay in terms of clearance? Nothing is shorting out?

Thanks for posting the pictures!

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
                          Did it work okay in terms of clearance? Nothing is shorting out?

Thanks for posting the pictures!
                          Nothing shorting. No difference in tone. It's perfect!

Comment

Excellent! I'm glad it turned out well for you!

- George Carlin

Comment

Not sure if you have a Fry's Electronics nearby, or Electronic Parts Outlet near you...But both sell online and both carry a variety of project boxes for cheap.
                              http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Oops! My bad. Came to this post a little late. Great looking box! Can't believe I've been here for nearly two years and this is my first foray into this forum..."Scuse my rookie post.
                                http://thebasement.createaforum.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X