Noob question about the Zoom G1Xon

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I just received my G1on in the mail a few days ago, and from what I can tell we have to set one of the patches with no effects in order to get a "clean" effect. I guess "clean" would then be considered an effect. Good luck.

smiley-cool03.gif

• Members

Easiest way is to clear all effects, the last one will default to "bypass" which is a clean (though attenuated signal). If you are going into your computer or headphones, you can pick a clean sounding amp like the fender twin. Set the gain low (3-5) and the level relatively high. You can add clean effects like a compressor (set sensitivity at about -20, ratio to 3 or 4. Keep the gain low, and the level about medium) to the Twin model. If you want to fatten it up a little, just a touch of the detune pedal will give you a chorusy effect without the wild modulations. You can also add the exciter to give the sound a little more sparkle.

If you are going into an amp, particularly a modeling amp, do not select an amp and cabinet model on the zoom. Under the patch settings, lower the level to about 60 - 70 to avoid overdriving the preamp on your amp. You can use the compressor, detune, exciter, and/or light reverb or delay to keep it juicy.

Archived