EH B9 - OMG

• Members

I just have a few sessions of messing with the B9 pedal, but I can say I am impressed!

I run a wet/dry setup, so I put the B9 (and a compressor - the only thing I heard from a bunch of folks beforehand was that a comp will help with the attack - and I cannot agree more) inline on the 'wet side' and love it. I may need to get an EQ pedal, though - the bass is quite fat and full and with my amp set for a good guitar sound it is almost too much bass with the organ sound on.

I have it set up to be a good B3 sound, with light/slow modulation and then I have a chorus pedal sett up to make it sound like a faster leslie sound - the only thing I'm missing is the ramp up/slow down of an actual rotating speaker.

Will it fool a purist? probably not, but in a live band setting it will certainly make people look around and ask 'Where's the Organ!?'

2b48e742819dd9071b1e59e5072eb092.jpg.9f91903ec7fa25b819ba6bc63d040b2b.jpg

I think the EHX B9 works very well with some outboard effects supporting it. I mentioned that in the review I wrote on the B9. The effects are available from a variety of pedals - it's the basic organ type sound that was previously so hard to replicate - and the B9 really does a good job of that. Add a nice chorus, maybe some trem, or a good Leslie sim, and you can do surprisingly realistic sounding organ simulations with it. IMHO it's a really cool pedal. And I think that in skilled hands, and with the aid of a bit of studio slight of hand, it could fool quite a few people. :)

• Members

Saw the review (http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/electro-harmonix-b9) - definitely all good points. For my use the peal is going to add a little 'What the ____!?' for the audience, I'm not going to be taking any Greg Allman or Doctor John solos on the thing!!

Congrats, BTW - glad to see you are still on with HC (and now Gibson!)

Saw the review (http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/electro-harmonix-b9) - definitely all good points. For my use the peal is going to add a little 'What the ____!?' for the audience, I'm not going to be taking any Greg Allman or Doctor John solos on the thing!!

Congrats, BTW - glad to see you are still on with HC (and now Gibson!)

Thank you sir! :o

BTW, has anyone tried out the EHX C9 yet? From what I've read it is the same basic idea as the B9, but it has different organ sounds.

Archived