HAPPY NEW MULTI-EFFECT PEDAL DAY.......BOSS ME-80 !

• Members

Just received a Boss ME-80 from Sweetwater on Saturday morning.

Use to own a GT-6 & GT-8...hated them both.....not user friendly.

Also owned a Boss ME-50 & I just gave it away to a friend.

I was not expecting much outta this pedal.....BOY WAS I WRONG !

SUPER EASY TO USE & the tones sounds REALLY good.

As usual if you really crank the Distortion tones, you start getting the "Digital" vibe.

The Modulation & Delay tones are superb.....THEY REALLY SOUND GOOD.

I have not "built" any patches yet & I have yet to go to The Boss Tone Library.

Currently just using it in the manual mode, I haven't even read the owners manual yet.

Ran it into the front a 100 watt Marshall DSL.....UN-FRIGGIN-BELIEVABLE !!!!

The Compressed clean tones were superb & the Distortion tones was very robust.

Gotta say this: I was not expecting much & this unit completely blew me away.

The only bad thing: AC adapter was not included.....EPIC FAIL for Boss. The adapter cost $25.

If I'm spending $300 on a pedal, it damn well better have an AC adapter included.

Besides that, this is an very powerful tool for any musician looking for cool tones on the fly.

My advice.....Buy the Boss ME-80 & prepare to be blown away ! (it's that good)

On a multieffect like that, I agree - the adapter should be included. It's not like you can optionally power it with a 9V battery, and six AA's are not something I'd want to use to power a pedal on a regular basis.

me-80_top_main.jpg

For someone who hates dealing with menus, it looks like that would be a really good unit to consider - lots of dedicated knobs!

Congrats on your new effects unit! cool.png

• Members
Nice. i want one too now. i heard demos of the me-80 on youtube and was not that impressed.but maybe it sounds better in person.

You can try one out at Guitar Center. I have. I can't recall if I was impressed, which means I probably wasn't. Maybe the price scared me away. :confused2:

• Members

I bought the ME-25 a couple of years ago because Boss claimed it was "the easiest way to sound like a pro."

It is the baby brother of the ME series and I too find the sounds and ease of use to be excellent.

I use the speaker emulated headphone / line out directly into a Yamaha mixer for both daily practice and recording.

The ME-25 also runs on 6AA batteries and I'm going to side with Boss on the AC Adaptor issue because of the differences in international power standards. If you buy the Boss adaptor for your particular country then it will work for that unit and they don't have to regionalize their distribution - which would probably result in the pedal being more expensive.

I use the Boss PSA adaptor for several devices so I bought four of them. Many non-Boss devices work with the PSA adaptors now. I can leave one in my studio and have one in my gig bag etc..

• Members

I gave away my Boss ME 50 to a Female Gospel Guitarist who gave me a Fender Ultimate Chorus DSPAmp. She was selling the amp on Craigslist, but it stopped working, so she gave it away...to me. The amp needed a $50 repair. Now it's my main gigging amp. I own a 100 watt Fender Twin Amp, but it weighs 90 lbs. This amp sounds killer, but it's way too heavy. I ruptured my Quad Tendon 2 years ago. I can't use heavy amps. So, since she did something nice for me, I wanted to do something nice for her. I gave her a Boss ME-50 in mint condition with the owners manual & a really nice Boss Gig Bag. I actually enjoy giving gear away to young players. When I was younger, older musicians gave me gear. Now it's my turn to....."Pay It Forward".

Archived