Vox v847A utter trash

melx

• Members

I was missing not having a wah so I picked up one of these cheap.

.... so I guess this is old news to some but my last vox wah was made by dunlop, this is made in china, first thing I notice is that the wah won't stay cocked, it just flaps down and no amount of wrenching on the spring bolts will stop that. secondly the rubber feet are really soft and small and probably won't last 2 weeks with my jumping up and down on it. I open it up and it looks like there's loads of parts missing on the PCB including the resistor that I usually change for the 'vocal mod' and the one to make it louder if you true-bypass it.... turns out they are now SMD's on the reverse side of the PCB that are so small they are almost invisible to the naked eye, it also looks like there's a tone of 'extra' stuff on there, some kind of buffer I presume... the jack sockets are plastic crap that don't feel good at all when inserting/pulling out a plug. the pot is scratchy as hell already and there's a ton of noise in the forward position that my old vox and crybaby's never had.

so to make this good I'm gonna have to build a whole new circuit and buy a decent wah pot and jacks ... considering these things sell for £70 new and it's built to the same quality as you'd expect from a cheapo pedal, I think it's pretty shocking ...... serves me right, I should have bought an old crybaby and not been seduced by the chrome shiny foot pedal... frown.gif

I got it very cheap but if I'd bought it new it would be getting sent back to the shop I'd bought it from. Garbage.

• Members
Bummer. How much is a used crybaby over there?

you can find them on ebay for £30 - £45 ish .... usually a big old lump of postage on top..... but yeah, probably cheaper than messing about with this vox to be honest. Those hotpotz are about £20....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived