octavia pedals

AnneP

I haven't tried either one of those, so I can't give you a recommendation between the two. Both should be killer sounding pedals based on the reputations of the builders.

I used to have an original Tycobrahe Octavia, but I gave it away years ago. General Guitar Gadgets sells an inexpensive kit if you can solder, and BYOC also makes a clone; you can get it in kit or pre-built forms... and there's also the Chicago Iron reproductions... those are the closest to the one I had.

• Members

I think the London Fuzz is precise copy of a 1966 Arbiter Fuzz Face. It's the matched germanium version and I love the usability of the fuzz from the box and the way it responds to changes on the guitar. There is a new version which adds bias knob though I haven't tried it. I love MJM pedals. They are local for me, but the hand-built quality and voicing (my Sixties Vibe is also wonderful) should make them a serious choice to pedal shoppers.

• Members

The Crybaby is basic GCB-95 and is stock. Using an American Strat, a MIM Tele with Vintage Noiseless. I also love a vintage Yamaha SF1000 (dual humbuckers with coil tap). One of the best guitars ever IMHO. Using a Yamaha G50 112ll solid state amp, but will be shopping for a Marshall combo soon

Archived