Line 6 M5 - PSA - UNIT CUTS SOUND STILL POWERED UP

skviggel fhank

• Members

So the Line 6 M5 is a fine little multi effect, it takes many of the popular sounds in the older pedals and combines them into one unit. But mine had a big problem, it would cut out randomly and stop passing sound. The unit would still be powered up just no sound coming out. Rather unfortunate in the middle of a gig. Anyway after researching online I found there was a well documented ground issue with these units. The fix suggested by some was to scrap the paint off the bottom where the feet screwed in and replace the feet with unpainted screws. This was way too much work for me so I took mine apart and the circuit board does seem to ground to the chassis by means of two metal stand-offs along the bottom. Where these two stand offs came into contact with the enclosure was supposed to be bare metal but I could see a bunch of paint overspray on mine in these areas. So I took a utility knife and scraped the metal down clean in these two areas and buttoned it back up. This was two weeks ago and its been under constant use since and no more crapping out. An easy fix and other than this issue the pedal is decently built and has some great digital models of cool effects.

Archived