The $100.00 looper dilemma...

LikesLoomis

• Members

So I have been watching demo's and vids of the TC ditto looper and the Digitech jamman and both seem right for my needs. An easy to use, no-fuss, no-muss looper just to record some chords to scale over. Matter of fact, they both seem very attractive for the simplicity they bring and the awesome 100 dollar price tag.

The Digitech looks as if it has some extra features (I may or may not need), but the TC is probably better quality.

Anyone have either one of these, and can comment on which one is best for a bedroom player?

Thanks.

• Members

I have the ditto and it would be perfect for what you want it to do! I haven't played the Digitech but the Ditto sounds awesome. I may upgrade to the Ditto2 soon as with the Ditto you have to double tap to stop it and it's tricky to do in a band environment. Great pedal though. :)

• Members

NIce! I was actually leaning towards the ditto, until I remembered that I have the fs3 laying around that I picked up a long time ago and never ended up using. If it is usable with the jamman express, and brings some flexibility and options, I may end up going with the digitech.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have a Ditto 2 and a Boomerang III. I use the Ditto with a couple of classes that I teach and to take to jams. It sounds and works great. Never used a jam man so I don't know how that works but my playing has improved greatly in having a device that I can easily experiment with using different chord progressions and rhythms.

Archived