I finally built a Pedalboard

Pine Apple Slim

• Members

After 40+- years, I decided to put my few meager pedals in one place so I could play them without cluttering up my music room. I've always been mostly a straight to amp kinda guy and would pull one or 2 out from time to time to experiment or for the occasional gig or jam.

So heres what Ive got. I made the board out of $10 worth of pine from the bld supply and some velcro. I already had a can of Farmall Red Krylon that I considered painting a partscaster with but didnt cause it was too red. I kinda like it here. Have enough material left over to do a smaller bass board.

image.jpg1_zpsvu726suc.jpg

So a few Qs for you pedal heads if yall dont mind indulging me

1. Where do you put your tuner, front or end of chain?

2. Where would you put the Jamman in the chain? Its the only pedal w its own power supply. I'd never use it live but I'd like to keep it handy on the board for practice.

3. The DaddyO works well enough as a cleanish boost, OD, or even all out fuzz, kinda a do all. But I'd like to get something else, maybe a boost or another OD to keep from having to tweak it all the time. So any Recc? Dont need anything super boutique, just functional. I pretty much play everything but metal. Classic and Roots country, Classic and roots rock, psychodelia, blues.

My amps are a USA Vintage Club 2110R, a Micro Terror, and a 51 SF Bassman head.

4. Where do you put your compressor? I never squash, just a little shimmer and boost on some country or other clean things. I've been using it right after the wah and before the OD. Should it go more towards the end, or not?

Note: The Grilled Cheese won't stay. I thought it might suck in a good way but no, it just sucks.

I plan to add a Vol pedal at some point, and maybe a different delay than the DanEcho(Which I only use for slapback).

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I'd go:

wah>tuner>comp>od>phaser>echo>reverb>looper

yet I have my tuner last because it just fit there the easiest and I wanted a buffer there (just means I have to turn off effects before I tune for accuracy)

looper should obviously be last unless you want to apply certain effects to every loop intentionally afterwards.

phaser can go wherever you like it as it can sound different before or after different effects but probably will do best right before or after dirt depends on taste.

danecho is an awesome delay pedal imo, i would hang onto it even if you get something else.

• Members

Now, you can dazzle the world with tone ..... have fun !!!!

I generally have multiple effects units floor units.

My set up is generally, tuner, compressor, distortion/ over drive , wah wah, EQ, Modulation ( Flanger, Detune, Chorus, Phaser), echo / delay and then reverb .... then again, that's just my preference.

Archived