Where's Goodhonk?

he finally got sick of this place lol it does blow

I'm sure the quality of the discussion would improve if we could only have more witty and insightful posts like this one... ;)

Seriously, the forums are what you folks make them insofar as the discussions go. Start some threads about subjects that interest you! :idea::wave:

• Members

I'm sure the quality of the discussion would improve if we could only have more witty and insightful posts like this one... ;)

Seriously, the forums are what you folks make them insofar as the discussions go. Start some threads about subjects that interest you! :idea::wave:

I know they pay to you to say that but you realyl dont believe that do you? LOL Here's some wit for you, this place has bent over its members and repeatedly dry humped their collective "insightful" assholes till bloody with this "update the software" crap. people still struggle to make posts,leave comments, etc. Sorry

• Members

The only thing that can save this place is switching to the same version as, gulp, The Gear Page, or any other regular functioning forum.

This version is too resource intensive, buggy, and clunky, and non functioning to garner any audience.

A site I go to that works beautifully uses this:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1

• Members

vB4 is the most widely used and most stable and best version of vB, over 70% of the vB sites use this version, only 2% of the vB sites use vB5.

It's almost a year after the switch to vB5 and the forums are not recovering, the HC site gets a little more traffic, but nothing like 5 years ago.

soon after the switch, reputed admins from other sites checked this site and some even joined in and advised to switch again because vB5 was not a good alternative. this thread got deleted. vB5 is not a success, forum software is considered to be a joke by many forum administrators.

The lead developers of vB all left and created new forum software. Right before the release of this new software, Internet Brands, the owner of vB, filed a lawsuit against the company of the previous vB developers, but the lawsuit got settled and this new company, Xenforo released their new software. Senforo is now the fastest growing forum software, it hasd got 30% of the market at the moment (+10% in 1 year, now at about 30%). vB is still the market leader (but lost about 15% in one year and is now at 57%). I think that IB figured they could win the lawsuit and own the new software and then they would be selling this instead of vB5. But instead, the released vB5. An insider stated that since the release, over 6000 bugs have been reported (and fixed!). But it was released too soon, it was not up to the job. And it still needs to be improved.

Now the good news. vB sent out an email that there is a certain large site that uses vB5 and that it is a huge success !

This site is ....

Harmony Central,

yup, we're a huge success

and our Nucleus Creative guys are the top experts when it comes to fixing vB5

so we're in good hands and all is good here

if you want to read the full memo, click the link.

and I'm not going to post a link to what other admins have to say about this.

• Members
vB4 is the most widely used and most stable and best version of vB, over 70% of the vB sites use this version, only 2% of the vB sites use vB5.

It's almost a year after the switch to vB5 and the forums are not recovering, the HC site gets a little more traffic, but nothing like 5 years ago.

soon after the switch, reputed admins from other sites checked this site and some even joined in and advised to switch again because vB5 was not a good alternative. this thread got deleted. vB5 is not a success, forum software is considered to be a joke by many forum administrators.

The lead developers of vB all left and created new forum software. Right before the release of this new software, Internet Brands, the owner of vB, filed a lawsuit against the company of the previous vB developers, but the lawsuit got settled and this new company, Xenforo released their new software. Senforo is now the fastest growing forum software, it hasd got 30% of the market at the moment (+10% in 1 year, now at about 30%). vB is still the market leader (but lost about 15% in one year and is now at 57%). I think that IB figured they could win the lawsuit and own the new software and then they would be selling this instead of vB5. But instead, the released vB5. An insider stated that since the release, over 6000 bugs have been reported (and fixed!). But it was released too soon, it was not up to the job. And it still needs to be improved.

Now the good news. vB sent out an email that there is a certain large site that uses vB5 and that it is a huge success !

This site is ....

Harmony Central,

yup, we're a huge success

and our Nucleus Creative guys are the top experts when it comes to fixing vB5

so we're in good hands and all is good here

if you want to read the full memo, click the link.

and I'm not going to post a link to what other admins have to say about this.

I checked out the Xenforo forum, and it still has the look and feel of this site... I like the solid feel and low bandwidth of The Gear Page style forums. They are plain, straight forward, and fast. The others seem clunky, and older computers don't like them.

• Members

I checked out the Xenforo forum, and it still has the look and feel of this site... I like the solid feel and low bandwidth of The Gear Page style forums. They are plain, straight forward, and fast. The others seem clunky, and older computers don't like them.

Yeah, well, it's vB4, still good for a couple of years, but eventually vB4 will no longer be supported, it's end of line.

Still, if you want to start a forum and use vB as software, vB4 is the best (and most popular).

But more and more forums are migrating and instead of "upgrading" to vB5, 75% of the vB forums that are making a switch, are migrating to Xenforo.This is why vB market share is nosediving, and Xenforo is growing fast.

Archived