Ok, I'll do it... BOTB 14 initial rules inside...

• Members

I'm no Macadood, so take it fwiw. Plus I'm f'in busy, but I'll put as much into it as I can. I have 3 used pedals that I'll contribute to the prizes. Please PM me if you have a contribution. (I know some of you do, from the pedal storage thread :))

I need some help though. Suggestions for the following are?

Best Micro board= no more than 5 micro pedals?

Mini= 3 or less pedals?

small= 3 to 5 pedals?

medium= 5 to 8 pedals?

large= 8 to 10 pedals?

XL= 10+?

Best dual baord?

Best budget board?

Best vintage board?

Best video?

Best soundclip with pic? (not sure if there's a way to prove that)

Best "only one brand" board?

For the artsy folk:

Neatest board?

Best pic?

I'm thinking midnight 31 Dec to take advice from y'all for the above ^^^ and formulate it into criteria. Then 05 Jan 2015 (Tokyo time is my time) for deadline of pics.

I think midnight on the 31st would be best for the deadline, but maybe too soon...

• Members
I'm no Macadood, so take it fwiw. Plus I'm f'in busy, but I'll put as much into it as I can. I have 3 used pedals that I'll contribute to the prizes. Please PM me if you have a contribution. (I know some of you do, from the pedal storage thread :))

I need some help though. Suggestions for the following are?

Best Micro board= no more than 5 micro pedals? NOT SURE IT NEEDS TO BE LIMITED TO A NUMBER, JUST THAT THEY HAVE TO BE MICRO.

Mini= 3 or less pedals? I MIGHT COMBINE MINI/SMALL INTO ONE GROUP - 5 OR LESS.

small= 3 to 5 pedals?

medium= 5 to 8 pedals? COMBINE MED/LARGE - 6 - 10 PEDALS.

large= 8 to 10 pedals?

XL= 10+?

Best dual baord? YES.

Best budget board? SURE. WHAT CONSTITUTES BUDGET? WHAT YOU SPENT NEW OR USED PRICES? UNDER $100?

Best vintage board? YES

Best video? WOULD BE COOL TO SEE.

Best soundclip with pic? (not sure if there's a way to prove that) AGAIN, WOULD BE COOL TO SEE/HEAR

Best "only one brand" board? YES. MUST BE BOSS THOUGH (I KID)

For the artsy folk:

Neatest board? YEP

Best pic? SURE WHY NOT.

I'm thinking midnight 31 Dec to take advice from y'all for the above ^^^ and formulate it into criteria. Then 05 Jan 2015 (Tokyo time is my time) for deadline of pics.

I think midnight on the 31st would be best for the deadline, but maybe too soon...

DECEMBER 31 IS SOON, BUT WHY NOT. SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

• Members

Well fellas, it seems like this thing might not ever go down. I'm considering backing out due to lack of participation. When there's more views and posts on the pedal storage thread it just doesn't feel right. I emailed a few builders asking for donations with negative or no reply. (I'm trained in sales, but I refuse to use the skill) I'm not going to give up half of my for sale stuff to make this happen (part of my training).

If we want to do it I'll still coordinate it, but:

1. I'll only donate one pedal, shipping to conus included. (unless we get more donations. The pedal storage thread guys should be manning up here. :) )

2. I need to know how you all want to do this (read my first post in the thread)

3. I heard that the world is going to end before midnight on the 31st, so we probably wont get to see the results.

4. Merry F'n Christmas!

• Members
In that case I will just state "fully functional: pending latest software upgrade" lol

image_zps619a10c5.jpg

That IS a pretty damn nice board, with a couple on my bucket list. Maybe I'll just send you the pedal...

• Members

Given how few folks are around, why not keep it simple just to get the ball rolling? I'd suggest one category only and no prizes, the only reward being kudos/bragging rights like the old days. I feel like pedal prizes bring the non-contributing lurkers (like me) out of the woodwork, creating lots more work for the organiser, and then they (we) just slink back to the shadows when proceedings are over. If a prize must be offered in the future, maybe keep it low value like a unique one-off T shirt or something. Having said that, count me in!

Archived